Saturday, January 06, 2007

Forbidden Magic by Cheyenne McCray

Book #3 2007

This is my first book by Cheyenne McCray and it has been sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be picked up since at least September.

The characters in this book are vivid from the beginning. You get a lot of information in a short time, both about the heroine, Silver, and her borderline acceptable gray witch lifestyle and the winged hero, Hawk, that is coping with the loss of his wife.

To be honest, I was more intrigued by the secondary characters in the story. The magical plot was very well written and played out in a way that held your attention.

Something that bothered me a bit though was that the "bad guy" sex scenes seemed a bit gratuitous and not at all necessary to the development of the story or characters.

My rating: B+

No comments: