Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Garden in the Rain by Lynn Kurland

After reading Dreams of Stardust, I was informed that Lynn Kurland had a series of books based in that universe. So off I trotted to find more. This one was in the new book section at the library.

There is a bit of supernatural in it, which was very nice, but over all I had to fight to keep my attention on the book. It typically takes me a few hours to read a romance.. this one took a day and a half.

The hero, Patrick, was great.. dark, brooding, Scottish... carried a big sword. The heroine, Madelyn, was engaging, bucking her typical behavior and trying to make the best of her bad luck. I couldn't stand her ex-fiance Bentley and the "trouble maker" that causes the problems in the end seemed a bit odd. Though I believe his prescence was to lay a foundation for another book.

The reason I think I found it slow moving is because the plot was inconsistant. Patrick's job is to protect people, but he failed to see the danger to our fine heroine.

Don't get me wrong, I will definately have to go back and find the rest of this series, since it is a different series than I had started with the other book. I did enjoy the story overall.

Review Chick Says:
Published by Berkley

No comments: