Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Peacemaker by Lori Copeland

Lori Copeland is a new author to me, though my understanding is that she has been around for a while. I picked her up on a whim when I saw the most recent book in this Men of the Saddle series in the new books section. Since I hate to read series books out of order I picked this one up.

The story revolves around a jilted bride. She is not only left at the altar by a sweet natured scoundrel, but he also took all her money. After giving him her inheritance to invest in a business with relatives. He leaves her high and dry. So she sets out with venom in her thoughts to shoot him and get her money back, unfortunately, life on the trail is a little more than she can handle.

Now was born and raised Catholic, but I don't enjoy having religion spouted out to me in my fiction.

If she had left the Lord out of every situation and maybe only mentioned faith once I would have liked this story a lot better.

Review Chick Says:


No comments: