Monday, November 21, 2005

Big Guns Out of Uniform by anthology of three authors

This anthology has two good stories.. and one eh.. okay story.

Of course, if you know me at all the author I bought the book for was Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her story was in the world of the "BAD" boys and girls. These are not stories to be taken seriously, they are fun sexy reads to take your mind off the problems of the real world. In this one, a standard teacher is given the trip of a lifetime as she is placed on an island to live out her dream fantasy. Little did she know her real life fantasy was recuperating on the other side of the island.

I have read a few of Liz Carlyle's stories, though they have all been historicals. This one was modern day and I liked it a lot. Typically, I don't like the idea of wham bam thank ya ma'am relationships, but surprisingly the romance between these two characters rang true. My only peeve, the ending was too pat.

Finally an author I had never read before. Nicole Camden. To be honest, the reason I didn't really like this story is because it was a bit too far on the far-fetched side. Selective amnesia like that is probably something that Ms. Camden researched, but it was too much for me. Though I did like the relationship that the main character had with the boys in blue.

Review Chick Says:
Published by Pocket Star

No comments: