Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hunter's Moon by CT Adams and Cathy Clamp

So I started a new series tonight.

As you will come to see I am quite partial to series books. There is nothing better than falling so in love with a group of characters that you can't wait to find out just what will happen to them next.

I am currently on a sci-fi romance kick. They are witty, exciting and extremely creative. The worlds that are created in some of these books are so real that you wonder if you won't run into a Vampire or shapeshifter one day.

The book I finished today was by CT Adams & Cathy Clamp. This is the first book I have read by this duo. I got the recommendation to read their book off a couple of sources.. one was the McNally's email group from Jim Butcher's website. The second time I heard it mentioned was a yahoo group, run by my friend Merry Book Lovers Group (thanks Janetlee.. cause I am fairly positive you mentioned it).

Hunter's Moon is the first of the Sazi books. Something I really enjoyed about this book that you don't typically get in romances is it was entirely written the hero's point of view (POV for future reference cause this will probably be the ONLY time I spell it out!) Since I am not a male, I can't even begin to guess if his thoughts are really how a guy would think. However, this character was completely believable and you were even able to get the female's POV through a very creative process (which I can't tell you about cause its a semi-spoiler). Kudos to the authors.

Tony is an assassin, a mob assassin, for hire. Sue Quentin is at the end of her rope and ready to kill... so she goes to a professional, namely Tony. When she meets her assassin he isn't exactly what she had in mind. He's not scary, well not that scary, and he listens to her vent her frustration, and well the sparks that jump between them could light up Great American Ballpark. So like any red-blooded American woman.. she falls for him. The hitch, he's a werewolf.

The plot of this story is mainly to survive another day, which in Tony's world isn't always a given. A supporting cast of characters that will make you cringe, laugh out loud, want to cry, scream 'bloody hell', and smile in satisfaction. By the end of the book you are craving the next, just to see what happens next. Of course isn't that they sign of "the beginning of a beautiful friendship".



Review Chick Says:

No comments: